Thursday, February 1, 2007

What do you really want in a home business?

I know what I want? Freedom and control of my time. Sure, money is always a major factor, but I'd rather have freedom and time to do what I want without answering to a boss and time clocl..

In my experience, working from home is extremely valuable and rewarding. It is not for everyone though. I have always been a home body so this comes naturally for me! I hated, repeat, despised working outside the home. Not because I'm lazy, but because I couldn't stand having to answer to someone up my butt if I came in 3 minutes late or if one of my 4 kids was sick that day and I couldn't make it in.

Maybe you can't stand the morning commute, or having to drop your child off at the daycare. Or you just want to take back control of your life. Whatever the reason is that you decided to work from home, keep that reason in front of you as a reminder when things get a little tough with your business. I am a firm believer that we should all be free to do what we were born to do. If that means working for someone else, then go for it! If that means, your dreams are bigger than that, then don't let anything stop you!

You see, although i am not totally free yet from a boss, I do work out of my home and it is wonderful!! I am currently a sub contractor for a European Based Company and I work pretty much when I want to. I get paid much much better than any job would pay me considering I am not college educated. In short, working from home makes sense if you can find the right vehicle and make it work until it works.

Don't get discouraged! You can do it! Think about the time and freedom you can have working for yourself! Imagine the day that you can finally fire your boss.

No comments: